Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Instrumentation and Automation Engineer will apply technical knowledge to design, develop and maintain overall governance on standards, application, gaps, solutions and measurements to increase production quality, efficiency and volume for the business. In this role, you will perform day to day activities related to instrumentation and automation engineering to enable projects and improve our capabilities by providing engineering support for the organization.
- Apply general knowledge of principles, terms, and practices of instrumentation and automation engineering to support the design and build of safe and reliable operations
- Coordinate and provide direct support and delivery of services for an operation
- Responsible for CAPEX budget
- Execute and support instrumentation and automation engineering standards and deliverables in capital projects.
- Monitor and support progress for projects with low to medium levels of complexity and ensure appropriate resource allocations and portfolio prioritization.
- Implement, monitor and track audit control mechanisms within area of scope to track performance and provide actionable solutions that contribute to improvements.
- Support more senior team members to assess instrumentation and automation engineering development and application opportunities and further dissemination across common practice areas.
- Support, analyze and develop conclusions regarding areas of improvement and identify opportunities to improve performance and determine acceptable risk tolerance.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics Engineering or similar
- Demonstrated related work experience
- Support automation, electrical and instrumentation engineering standards and deliverables in capital project.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques in electrical area (instrumentation, automation, electrical installations)
- English and German Language - good knowledge
- Strong technical and mathematical skills
- Advanced project management skills
- ABB Freelance, Siemens S7, PI Systems (Process Book)
- Six Sigma Belt
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/