UK Engineering Placement Program
Are you looking for an Engineering placement at the end of your second or third year and are you studying an Engineering degree? If so Cargill can offer you a superb opportunity to gain valuable work experience on our 13 month Undergraduate programme.
During your placement with Cargill you will spend your time in one of Processing Facilities in either Manchester (Starches & Sweeteners processing), Liverpool (Oilseeds/ Chocolate processing), York (Chocolate processing), Worksop (Chocolate Processing) and Wolverhampton (Further Processed Protein).
You will oversee small projects from initial design to completion. This will involve justification of projects, design, liaising with contractors to obtain the best possible solution, installation and finally commissioning. This could be anything from modification of pipe work to implementing changes in the process. You will participate in day to day manufacturing operations and this could include shift work.
The Engineering Placement programme also gives you the potential to be offered a graduate role once you have graduated.
What you will be doing:
- Comprehensive induction to Cargill including full safety training
- Spend time working on-shift to learn our processes and support site production management
- Play an active part in running our process and supporting our business
- Support and lead small continuous improvement processes, delivering improvements around safety, food safety, product yield and process efficiency
- Be given direct responsibility for capital projects, including the design, installation and commissioning to help develop project management skills and responsibility for a future career
- Learn soft skills that will be transferable in your future career
- Gain an excellent working knowledge of unit operations learnt at university with hands on practical experience
- Develop the ability to work with a variety of different colleagues in our operations i.e. operators, supervisors, supply chain and finance
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in citizenship activities within our local communities
What we are looking for:
- Currently studying for an undergraduate Engineering Degree (BEng. or MEng.) with an expected grade of 2:2 or above
- Preferred Subjects: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemical & Process Engineering, Food Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Automation & Control Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Engineering students that are able to take responsibility, want to gain hands on experience, and are curious and passionate to learn as well as being a strong communicator
- Good technical understanding of a process environment
- A strong interest in our business, our industry and in particular the position you have applied for
- Applications for the Engineering Placement scheme typically go live in late September. To search for current opportunities and apply, please search for ‘Engineering Placement’ in the key words box. You will need to upload your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the placement scheme
- The next stage of our recruitment process is a video screening to assess and rate your responses to a series of pre-recorded online questions. If you are successful at the video screening stage then you will be invited to participate in an assessment centre at one of our facilities
- You will then be invited to some online testing
- The assessment consists of a range of activities. You will have the opportunity to go on a site tour, learn about the unit operations and meet current placement students. If you need any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements to support your application please let us know
- We will give due consideration if you have a preferred location and we will meet your requests where possible, but we do expect placement students to be flexible in their location and to be prepared to be placed out of any of the production facilities
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://www.cargill.com/careers/global-inclusion-and-diversity