Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Transportation Professional helps evaluate distribution and transportation operations, data and facilities to identify the most effective distribution and transportation patterns for products. We seek a professional who will help us conduct data management, reporting and analysis, shipping, client interaction, business partnership, and people, resource, budget and project management.
- Analyze and project transportation costs, coordinating customs clearances and permits.
- Plan, control and implement processes related to materials and finished goods storage and movement.
- Performs data entry updates using spreadsheets and databases based on sales orders/contracts, etc., independently interpret and analyze data, communicating results to more senior team members for further analysis.
- Evaluate, select and foster ongoing relationships with external transport providers.
- Using comprehensive knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry, make recommendations to establish good customer relations.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
A strong candidate has been identified for this position. However, we will consider all candidates who meet the requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Experience with data managing, reporting, shipping, planning, and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Experience conducting specialized transportation and logistics activities.
- Experience executing logistics activities that support the local supply chain in one or more of the following areas.
- Customer service skills.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.