Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Transportation and Logistics Business Analyst will be the main driver of data and analytics for the enterprise inside transportation. In this role, you will ensure that metrics, dashboards, and analysis are transformed into information that drives business decisions. The role will have client facing dialogue that will focus on all modes of transportation from tender to payment.
- Provide thorough analysis and crosschecks of transport execution files.
- Prepare dashboards and metrics to support all modes of transportation templates for upload according to the relevant mode of transport requirements.
- Maintain the necessary data into the respective ERP and transportation system.
- Utilize knowledge of transportation, contractual and system solutions towards achieving data accuracy.
- Responsible for cost saving set-up negotiations.
- Provide information for pricing tables to the team to assist them resolve issues regarding payments, invoices, freight charges and non-rate charges.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Relocation assistance is not provided for this role.
- Position is based in Wayzata, MN , Wichita, KS or Hopkins, MN but currently flexible.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet applications
- Experience in information technology, finance or transportation and logistics
- Strong proficiency working with data in multiple systems
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems such as: SAP, SQL, Excel, Power BI, Tableau
- Knowledge of transportation management systems
- Experience in supply chain and operational functions
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.