Finance Associate Rotational (FAR) Program 2023 - Accounting Track
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Connect to meaningful work. Feed the world. Achieve your higher purpose.
What if your ideas could nourish the world? As an associate, we transfer your knowledge and skills into profound experiences that positively impact our global community. From food to transportation, your innovative solutions, collaboration, and dedication will evolve industries to take on tomorrow's greatest challenges. And that's just the beginning. Because when your skills meet our unrivaled network and breadth of opportunity, your career is without bounds. Join our community to realize the impact of your work, help people around the world and connect with something greater.
Finance Associate Rotational (FAR) Program 2023 – Accounting Track:
Think about a career where you get to be a key player in learning Cargill's assets and contribute to the company's profitability. Your career path could take you to the implementation of a new technology, to a special project or to working on cross-functional international teams. In the FAR Program you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way.
The Finance Associate Rotational (FAR) Program is a three-year rotational program with 12 months spent in each rotation. Our goal is to develop the next generation of Finance leaders at Cargill by exposing participants to a wide variety of experiences and leadership opportunities typically not afforded early in a career. Our program is an ideal and unique opportunity for those driven individuals seeking a wide breadth and depth of accounting and finance business knowledge.
In the FAR Program participants enter one of two tracks: the Accounting track or the Risk track. Each track will allow participants to gain strong foundational skills within either Accounting & Finance or Risk Management. This unique opportunity to see three distinct roles over three years and work with a variety of leaders, provides our participants with a broad network and the competitive edge necessary to excel throughout their careers.
Accounting Track: Over the course of the program, participants in this track will rotate through three roles on varied Accounting & Finance teams, including but not limited to Business Operations Supply Chain (BOSC) Plant Finance, Financial Controllers, Planning & Reporting, Tax, and/or Data & Technology. These rotations are subject to change based on business or program need. After successful completion of the program, participants will find a permanent placement within one of our Accounting & Finance teams.
New associates entering the FAR Program will begin July 2023 with the entire incoming cohort to onboard and train together during a weeklong forum before beginning their first rotation assignment.
- Virtual education and ongoing training: Gain exposure to Finance leaders and hear examples of career paths through education and training. A cohesive learning & development structure has been built for each year in program.
- Mentorship: Broaden your perspective on career development, gain problem-solving insights, and enhance your ability to navigate the organizational culture with the aid of a mentor.
- Group Activities: Build a network of connections with peers and leaders outside through group activities. Program activities throughout the year are focused on development, community service, and networking.
No matter who you are or where you are, we’ve designed our plans and programs to meet your needs. We want to help you take care of what’s needed for today and offer protection to help with tomorrow’s what-ifs. You’ll have access to a wide variety of flexible and inclusive programs to meet your health, financial, and work/life needs to support you and help you thrive. Eligible programs and incentives include:
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive health care plans
- Short term and long-term incentives
- Mental Health and Wellbeing program
- Digital Learning Library
- Retirement plans
- Paid time to participate in volunteer and community outreach opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Relocation benefits for those that qualify
Our Vibrant Community:
At Cargill, you will be a part of our vibrant global community with a culture that celebrates diversity. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates an intellectually diverse set of employees. Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and enhance our employees’ outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include: Asian Alliance Network, Cargill Young Professionals Network, Cargill Ability Network (iCAN), Cargill Ebony Council, Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW), Hispanic-Latino Council, Cargill Pride Network, Veterans & Military Support Network, and Cargill Women’s Network.
- Start date for new program participants is July 2023.
- Flexibility to relocate as necessary during the rotational program and/or for a post-program role at the completion of the program is required.
- Participants in the Accounting track will typically begin their first rotation at or supporting one of our production facilities.
- First rotation locations may include but are not limited to: Wayzata, MN – Hopkins, MN – Wichita, KS – Schuyler, NE – Blair, NE – Columbus, NE – Eddyville, IA – Gainesville, GA.
- After year one, participants will permanently relocate to either Minneapolis, MN or Wichita, KS for the remainder of the program. Participants relocating during the program are provided additional relocation benefits as an internal employee.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree with a major or minor in accounting, or in lieu of an accounting degree pursuing a finance (or related) degree with having successfully completed at a minimum 3 accounting courses before degree completion.
- Graduating between December 2022 and June 2023 and available to begin full-time employment by July of 2023.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa, or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Geographically flexible and willing to relocate as needed.
- Intermediate level proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Significant quantitative and analytical capability.
- Learning agility and desire for experience across the diverse domains of Finance.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Desire for a career in accounting.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred based off a 4.0 scale
- Experience working for a multi-national organization.
- Proficiency in a second language.
- Demonstrated self-starter, entrepreneurial and innovative.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experience with budgeting, investment analysis, economic profit concepts and strategic planning concepts.
- Exposure to financial modeling, scenario planning and reporting.
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. – Microsoft Power BI, Tableau).
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.