Supply Chain Manager
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
At Cargill, we strive to be the best choice in animal nutrition solutions. Cargill’s aqua nutrition business is a world leader in aquaculture feed and nutrition, distributing under the EWOS brand. With a strong focus on research and innovation, we provide the scientifically validated feed products our customers need, to support all stages of salmon production. To deliver on our promise of healthy seafood for future generations, we are committed to supporting the sustainable growth of the global aquaculture industry by enabling better seafood and helping farmers succeed.
The Supply Chain Manager Scotland will be a key member of our Logistics and Customer Services operation as part of the Scotland local Leadership team and North Sea Supply Chain Leadership Team. The role will have the exciting and challenging opportunity to lead the implementation of Supply Chain strategy in Scotland and drive continuous improvement projects for the Scottish and Norwegian region.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day logistics and customer service operation, which includes;
- Ensuring raw materials and finished goods are managed in the most efficient manner, factoring in customer needs vs internal constraints
- Distribution capacity is balanced in the short and long term, in a cost-efficient manner
- Supervise and monitor the customer service team and processes
- Ensure best practices relating to supply chain processes are shared and understood through training, workshops and documentation
- Responsible for negotiations with suppliers and come up with solutions to improve service to our end customers
- Be an active facilitator of continuous improvement projects related to supply chain / customer service processes
- Responsible for the direct performance management, talent development, succession and engagement of a small team of customer services and supply chain professionals
- Utilize a variety of data sources to build scenarios and supply chain plans on a medium/ long term view, taking into account commercial forecasts, plant operations, ship owners and road hauliers
- Responsible for achieving defined Key Performance Indicators, and identify actions to improve these
- Budgetary management for the supply chain function locally
- A Bachelors degree in a relevant subject area (Supply Chain Management/ Logistics/ Business) or similar
- Demonstrated supply chain managerial experience in an animal nutrition business / aquaculture or relevant sector
- Experience in vessel operations/ industrial shipping would be an advantage
- Understanding of warehousing processes, storage and production facilities and how they work
- Experience negotiating strategic contracts with suppliers
- A collaborative approach to relationships with the ability to act as a partner to internal business functions
- A strong project management approach, with the ability to manage multiple supply chain projects requiring the ability to manage timelines, balance priorities and deliver results that create value
- The ability to ‘challenge the status quo’
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint and ideally expertise in an ERP system i.e. SAP
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.