Trading and Risk Director
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Trading and Risk Director will provide strategic leadership for trading support, commercial direction, resource planning, risk management and financial risk, that together allow product flexibility in trading and hedge optimization strategies. In this role, you will lead a team of cash and derivatives traders in a highly complex, multi country landscape to provide additional value to the business. In addition to leading trading, you will also be responsible for your team’s performance in hedging risk and commercial margins. You will be a member of the senior leadership team and will collaborate with other senior leaders to provide commercial leadership within and outside of the organization, participate in global trade meetings and collaborate with multiple internal functions to enhance global margins.
- Develop and foster relationships with highly strategic partners, brokers, internal and external customers, agents and suppliers to handle and monitor the long term trading book and create complex market risk solutions within a specific multi country market segment.
- Direct the development of more complex analyses of market trends, including global supply and demand factors, quantitative analysis, technical analysis, options, market share and freight spreads to enable trading and hedging strategies to be executed with a high degree of confidence.
- Lead the team to develop long term trading and hedging plans and ensure compliance in procedures involving regulatory requirements, accounting, finance, credit, and risk management departments in managing daily, weekly, monthly position and margin analysis referencing the long term strategy.
- Coordinate trading efforts across the global applicable trading desks to create joint product optimizations or swap opportunities that meet the dynamic needs of our customers, underlying business and our internal trading.
- Form a multi country or multi commodity trading view from the physical footprint and nonfundamental insights and is able to monetize this trading view through guidance of the traders on the team.
- Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports and their organizations, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience, five years of supervisory experience
- Experience trading derivatives and cash, including all required regulatory training
- Ability to build, strategize and grow key customer volumes, relationships and margins
- Confirmed experience meeting targeted profits and confirmed ability to close performance gaps as they arise
- Minimum of 10 years of direct trading experience
- Ag commodity experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.