Strategy Director, Corporate Strategy and Development
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Corporate Strategy Director will partner with the executive team and other senior business and functional leaders to develop high impact corporate, regional, business and function strategies. In this role, you will develop winning strategies that drive sustained profitable growth in an increasingly dynamic and global environment. You will advise on handling risks and capturing opportunities presented by the biggest global issues facing the world today including advising existing businesses, evaluating market entry opportunities, developing new business models and defining our long term corporate and regional strategies.
- Provide guidance and oversight of multiple large scale and high impact strategy projects simultaneously to include the development of high-level implementation plans aligned with the organization's strategic goals and objectives.
- Identify key issues across the organization and in a specific region or area of expertise that require leadership and strategic engagement.
- Provide counsel to senior leaders on a range of topics including current and potential opportunities and threats and create alignment for strategic recommendations.
- Maintain intelligence of external trends and provide connectivity across businesses and functions with the organization and in the region or area of expertise.
- Provide strategic input into evaluation of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint venture opportunities in collaboration with the related businesses.
- Build and foster relationships with strategy consulting firms, graduate business schools and other external advisors.
- Provide input on the broader talent model and recruitment of top talent for corporate strategy and drive a positive working culture.
- Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports which includes recruiting, hiring, performance management and training.
- You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience, five years of supervisory experience
- Five plus years of strategy development experience at a leading consulting firm (e.g., Bain, Boston Consulting Group and McKinsey)
- Master's degree or Master of Business Administration
- Minimum of three years of leading teams at executive level engagements or working with senior leadership and six years of experience working at a leading management consulting firm
- Exposure to, or demonstrated affinity for food and agriculture or related industries
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.