Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
We seek a multifaceted Quantitative Trade Execution Front-End Engineer who as a subject matter specialist, will independently maintain, integrate, and implement software applications within the organization. In this role, you will conduct strategic software application testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, and support to ensure smooth, stable, and timely implementation of new software and updates to installed applications.
- Independently conduct or advise others in technical software testing and debugging of systems and software applications, as needed.
- Compile and prioritize enhancements and defect resolutions to applications, implementing changes.
- Independently perform advanced and highly complex programming, coding and documentation of systems and applications software.
- Independently analyzes business requirements and prepare detailed technical specifications to write applications and programs.
- Provide direction or lead the strategy and technical planning of system/application technology in accordance with internal and external software compliance standards.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Confirmed experience or knowledge combining financial markets, coding, system development and financial product settlement
- Minimum of six years of related work experience.
- Master's degree or other post-secondary degree in a quantitative discipline
- Confirmed experience in multiple programming languages
- Confirmed experience in developing and maintaining financial position inventory systems
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.