Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Production Planner will contribute to converting the long-term monthly supply plan into a mid-term weekly plan to facilitate material requirements planning and near-term staffing activities. We seek a professional to help handle multiple product lines or sites with low-to-medium impact on working capital. In this role, you will ensure the connection between integrated business planning and activities supporting the Fargo North Dakota food manufacturing plant.
• Provide informal mentoring and training to coordinators.
• Participate in setting master production planning metrics targets.
• Collaborate with commercial connection and demanding planning to ensure customer requirements are meet.
• Provide necessary input to supply planner to support integrated business.
• Maintain data relevant to master production planning activities including planning calendars, material data and location data.
• Analyze plant capacity and production requisition data to resolve manufacturing plans and required resources.
• Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of two years of related work experience (Supply Chain, production and operation planning)
• Experience working in Manufacturing environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
• Related experience in master production planning, production scheduling or supply planning
• Food and/or Agriculture supply chain background
• Oil seed process planning experience
• PowerBI/Tableau Analytics experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.