Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Patent Specialist will perform a variety of patent law related tasks under the general direction of attorneys and patent agents. In this role, the Patent Specialist will assist in managing patent preparation and prosecution activities according to assigned docket and perform other related duties.
- At direction of attorneys/agents, prepare and file patent applications and related documents directly with government offices (PTO) globally, draft correspondence and communicate directly with our preferred foreign counsel/vendors, assist with invention disclosure intake processes, and help manage patent annuities.
- Use docket reports and files to determine next action, partner with attorneys/agents to ensure patent filing deadlines are met.
- Maintain IP docketing database, records management and billing systems according to team processes.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Do you have a bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent four years of law firm/department experience?
- Minimum 2 years experience managing global patent preparation and prosecution work.
- Experience filing and retrieving documents using Patent Center, PAIR, efsWeb, ePCT, and Espacenet
- Experience using an IP docketing system, preferably Anaqua
- Experience with matter management and billing systems, preferably Onit and iManage
- Experience using Anaqua
- Proficient with Onit and iManage
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.