Global Pricing Strategist (Open to Remote)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Strategic Pricing Consultant III will partner with commercial leaders to champion and lead strategic pricing business transformation initiatives. In this role, you will devise and drive profitability strategies and strategic pricing initiatives across the various global enterprises. You will provide thought leadership and build consensus by influencing leaders to adapt to best practices and continuously improve our commercial strategic pricing capabilities.
- Provide thought leadership for the organization to promote and lead value based pricing and value communication concepts and initiatives to bring the commercial excellence agenda to fruition to achieve measurable results by driving growth and change through strategic pricing initiatives.
- Create opportunity hypotheses to be substantiated and quantified through strategic pricing roadmaps, identifying and gaining revenue and margin, generating opportunities along the way.
- Understand and initiate improvement projects on the pricing enablers in the business that are critical for strategic pricing execution, sales excellence, value-selling and negotiation, providing strategic guidance and project oversite during solution design and deployments.
- Lead and influence cross functional teams to adopt and follow through on initiatives aimed at driving profitability and advise business leadership by coaching and providing support on commercial and strategic pricing matters.
- Provide training and mentorship to professionals across the organization in strategic pricing and commercial excellence best practices using in person and digital training.
- Develop the company's strategic pricing and talent development pipeline, both from a project and human resource perspective, to ensure sustainment of current initiatives, as well as future success.
- Provide expert consultative guidance for initiating strategic long-range goals and objectives. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Provide thought leadership in the analytical monetization of product, service, digital.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Ability to effectively engage and influence stakeholders across a broad range of organizational levels internally and externally
- Confirmed experience developing and executing strategy
- Consistent record prioritizing, selecting and deploying pricing technology
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
- Master of business administration or other post-secondary degree
- Advanced practical knowledge and application of strategic pricing including business to business, business to distributor to customer and consumer product goods
- Advanced skills in economic value analysis
- Advanced request for proposal and negotiation team skills
- Advanced analytical deployment capabilities
- Ability to deploy advanced capability building for people, process and technologies supporting commercial excellence and strategic pricing
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in pricing, revenue or commercial management or trading and business development
- Minimum of five years of experience using both qualitative and quantitative data to influence or support strategic business decisions
- Minimum of five years of project management principles including planning, budgeting, scheduling and gate review process
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.