External Manufacturing Specialist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The External Manufacturing Specialist will coordinate long-term supply chain strategies and across networks. In this role, you will monitor key integrated business planning performance indicators, cost-to-serve performance data, helping coordinate cross-functional work teams.
Maintain data relevant to network distribution planning activities including capacity, constraint, logistics, supplier, master and location data.
Generate and execute cycle and safety stock plans for the assigned product or location, using the approved supply plan inputs.
Develop gap coverage plans during inventory shortages.
Create requirements plan and long-term supply plan for assigned product(s) and location(s) as input for the integrated business planning cycle.
Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience in SAP
- Knowledge of material resource planning
- Experience in OTIF methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to provide recommendations on continuous improvement
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Strong excel skills and/or experience in Business Intelligence tools
- Six years of experience with three years in supply and inventory planning
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.