Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Domestic Shipping Specialist will ensure that inbound and outbound packages and envelopes are handled properly and efficiently. In this role, you will ensure shipments meet local government and international regulatory requirements.
- Provide mail and shipping desk services for a single location or multiple locations.
- Receive, sort and deliver inbound mail parcels and packages.
- Maintain detailed records of all incoming packages including weight and dimensions using an inbound package tracking application.
- Support internal customers for the shipment of outgoing mail and packages and ensure proper packaging and labeling requirements for chemical and hazardous materials shipments, international shipments, partial truck shipments and priority packages.
- Prepare carrier labels and provide support for other company locations.
- Identify and resolve routine problems following established guidelines.
- Handle moderately complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Air or ground hazardous material shipping certification
- Team lead or supervisory experience
The name of the Hiring Manager is Brian Lundgren
Position is in Minnesota: Wayzata
Please notify your manager before applying.
If selected for an interview you will be required to submit your past two performance reviews.
This position won’t provide relocation.
This position will be post internally and externally
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.