Director of Global Communications
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Director of Global Communications will develop and execute integrated internal and external communications strategies for key company priorities supporting our Finance and Cargill Business Services functions. As a Director of Global Communications, you'll drive prioritization, message development and communications strategy with cross-functional colleagues in a global, matrixed organization.
In this position, you'll serve as a trusted advisor to leadership, and you'll be critical to building a narrative that delivers on our business objectives and furthers our mission of nourishing the world in a safe, responsible, sustainable way. You'll lead a team of communicators, and actively engage in their professional development.
- Build and execute communications strategies for company initiatives to drive awareness and engagements around Cargill’s business strategy.
- Develop and execute communications campaigns, translating complex business topics into multifaceted, understandable content.
- Provide strategic counsel to senior leaders to achieve business outcomes.
- Partner with communications colleagues to align and advance key communications priorities within corporate channels.
- Analyze outcomes and data to drive and improve communications strategies.
- Proactively identify new opportunities, and develop programs to continually improve our communications approach.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong business knowledge with a proven ability to use communications to drive business strategy.
- Comfort developing strategy and rolling up sleeves to execute.
- Minimum 8 years of essential communication or similar related work experience, minimum 5 years of supervisor experience
- Experience working in a global company
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.