Digital Foundation Architect Expert
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
The Digital Foundation Architect Expert will work with the information technology team to provide expertise and guidance on technologies and approaches, acting as the liaison between business and operational needs to the digitally enabled solutions, partnering collaboratively across functions to bring maximum business value to the organization through digital technologies, automation and data analytics. In this role, you will be responsible for automation and digitalization with a primary focus on digital foundation through identification, prioritization and development of opportunities and use cases that drive architecture principles and designs. You will establish and create viable foundational architecture designs and solutions by understanding the business and operational needs, the drivers behind them and bring current and new technologies forward to address those needs in an efficient, cost effective and innovative way.
- Translate emerging technology trends and determines appropriate relevance and application and the impacts and dependencies they introduce to project delivery.
- Architect, define and develop technical platforms, solution frameworks and applications to provide data, business intelligence and information aligned to the respective goals.
- Influence and provide direction to any changes of the digital foundation target architectures and standard and assist the enterprise architects on solution management and timing of financial spend for application solutions.
- Direct the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability and total cost of ownership.
- Responsible for project execution deliverables such as detailed technical functional requirement specifications for project execution, design and documentation of enterprise architectures and engage as a lead technical resource for planning and monitoring of project activity.
- Participate and deliver project tasks and assist with assigning tasks for both internal and contract resources assigned to the project and ensure resources are fully utilized.
- Network internally and externally to build relationships that foster technology transfer and collaboration with a focus on being the trusted advisor for the various digitalization and automation technologies.
- Provide expert consultative guidance for initiating strategic long-range goals and objectives. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience and expertise with various database technologies
- Strong programming and scripting skills
- Specialty skills in large scale computing, cluster computing or cloud computing
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.