Corporate Strategy Associate 2021
From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. You will have the opportunity to build specific skills, knowledge and attitudes that will enable you to transition to various roles within Cargill. We pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse career trajectories in the industry. As an associate, you will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. At Cargill we look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce. You've got big plans. We can help you pursue them.
The Corporate Strategy Associate works closely with Cargill’s Executive Team and other senior business leaders to develop high-impact corporate, business, and function strategies. Working within Cargill's Corporate Strategy group provides an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful impact within our company and the broader Food & Agriculture industry! You will work in partnership with Cargill’s leadership to develop winning strategies that drive sustained, profitable growth in an increasingly dynamic and global Food & Agriculture environment. You will think about how to manage the risks and capture the opportunities presented by the biggest global issues facing the world today – from food security, resource scarcity, and climate change to global trade flows and new technologies. Specific work may include evaluating market entry opportunities, developing new business models, or defining our long-term corporate strategy.
- Written and verbal communications, including storyline development and executive presentation preparation
- Planning and structuring work in support of team leaders and overall project management
- Problem solving, including developing and testing hypotheses, qualitative and quantitative data gathering and analysis driving to feasible solutions
- Collaboration with business partners to gather information, create buy-in for recommendations, etc.
- Help manage the Corporate Strategy department through recruiting, training, coaching, and other teambuilding activities
- Bring an objective and external lens to Cargill.
Associate Program Benefits:
- Cargill offers relocation benefits to associates who qualify (based on mileage).
- Associates are eligible for comprehensive health care plans and incentives.
- Tuition reimbursement benefits are offered to associates who wish to continue their education in their career field.
- Associates are offered competitive retirement plans and registration assistance.
- As employees, associates receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid-time-off to participate in volunteer activities.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Wayzata, MN
- Pursuing an MBA or relevant Master’s degree with anticipated graduation date in December 2020 or Spring/Summer 2021
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in consulting, strategy, food and agriculture, or other applicable roles
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities with strong business acumen, especially complex, ambiguous problems requiring integrated application of skills (e.g., finance, marketing, strategy, operations)
- Demonstrated team and project leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High sense of accountability, strong will to succeed, and demonstrated desire to learn
- Ability to travel, potentially up to 20% (depending on project needs and COVID-19 related travel restrictions)
- International business experience
- Bilingual, especially Spanish or Portuguese
- Ability to navigate complex organizations
- Ability to operate with stakeholders across all levels of an organization
- Exposure to, or demonstrated affinity for, Food & Agriculture or related industries
- Degree concentration in strategy or finance
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.