Corporate Responsibility Intern 2021
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
- Building and enhancing Cargill’s brand and reputation with internal and external stakeholders
- Aligning the company around one voice, and in advocacy for Cargill, its products and services
- Counseling and partnering with businesses and functions in their strategy and execution related to brand, reputation, stakeholders, sustainability, trends, issues and risk management in these areas for improved results
- Analyzing and shaping internal and external environments where Cargill operates and grows
Working under the direction of a supervisor, the intern may support corporate projects in the areas of: Brand, Corporate Responsibility and Sustainable Development, Issues Management, Government Relations, Community Engagement, Internal Communications, Social Media, External Communications and Digital Communications. In addition, the intern is given the opportunity to apply skills and gain an understanding of the Cargill organization through various intern events.
- Lead and/or coordinate special projects that advance Corporate Responsibility priorities or work streams in Corporate Responsibility
- Develop timelines and project schedules
- Develop project or meeting materials, including PowerPoint presentations, briefing papers, and Excel spreadsheets
- Maintain proactive and effective communication with project team members and other stakeholders
- Support development and maintenance of SharePoint and other project tools
- Conduct research at the request of supervisor, project leaders, and other team members
- Develop clear objectives, research methods and timelines for delivering findings
- Summarize in clear and effective format for various stakeholder groups to consume
- Provide event coordination and planning support for select Cargill meetings and events
- Assist with agenda development, logistics planning and day-of coordination
- Work with host to support communications prior to and following the meeting/event
- Produce and publish communications to Cargill’s corporate digital and social channels
- Participate in our storytelling HUB
- Assist with coordination of digital asset sorting, curating and uploading to Cargill’s digital asset collection
- Generate and publish content to our digital and social channels
- Participate in audience analysis including segmentation and background insights
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage).
- Internships are paid and are 12 weeks in length during the summer term.
- Day-to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Summer interns attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
- As employees, interns receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
We want you to excel at Cargill! We strongly believe that combining your interpersonal skills and curiosity with a top team of professionals just for you will be the winning combination to help you thrive. During the internship, you will have three allocated resources assigned to you: university recruiter, supervisor and mentor. In addition to these individuals, you will also expand your network across our global business as you build your own network of resources to help you in your career.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Asian Alliance Network
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited program with a major in business administration, communications, public relations, political science, sustainability, external responsibility, journalism or a closely related major.
- Graduating between December 2021 and August 2022 with a bachelor’s or master’s degree and eligible for full-time employment.
- Able to relocate to Wayzata, MN (suburb of Minneapolis, MN) for the internship
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2021)
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Interest in global food systems, agriculture, external Responsibility, communications, sustainability, corporate responsibility, and business
- Proactive, self-starter, sense of urgency and attention to deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly curious and resourceful to find information
- Ability to distill and summarize key activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional and personable manner
- Ability to juggle several projects/tasks at once and to set priorities
- Flexible and calm working under pressure
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.