Corporate Development Sr Analyst
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Corporate Development Sr Analyst will provide in depth knowledge and experience to support all mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint venture transactions. In this role, you will support transaction execution including coordinating due diligence, building financial models, providing financial analysis, preparing transaction documents and coordinating with stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to provide insight on the identification of merger or acquisition targets.
- Execute moderately complex transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, mergers and minority investments from early stages of the process to completion and post completion according to established precedents and policies.
- Support merger and acquisition projects including, but not limited to financial analysis, valuation, due diligence, structuring, documentation and process management.
- Prepare transaction related materials such as internal and external presentations, financial models, valuation analysis, project management materials and transaction documents.
- Assist in the development of acquisition gameboards aligned with strategic priorities and support the target cultivation and sourcing process through research and analysis.
- Influence corporate development practice initiatives including recruitment and training along with project execution.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated technical skills, modelling capabilities and understanding of finance and accounting principles
- Experience with email, spreadsheet, presentation and word processing applications
- Strong valuation knowledge, particularly discounted cash flow
- Knowledge or experience leading financial modelling efforts and taking ownership of model inputs and outputs
- Minimum of two years of M&A transaction-related work experience (open to 1-2 years of related work experience for Analyst role)
- Experience in an investment banking, private equity firm, or corporate role in a mergers and acquisitions function
- International experience
- Spanish/Portuguese language skills
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.