Accounting & Finance Intern Summer 2021
Internships at Cargill:
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
Accounting & Finance Internship:
The Accounting & Finance Internship program will provide you with valuable experience across the Finance job family with placement within one of our many Accounting, Finance or Risk domains, including but not limited to:
- Corporate Accounting & Finance
- Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Management Accounting & Reporting
- Cost Accounting
- Management Information & Decision Support
- Financial Risk Management
- Risk Management Group
As an Accounting & Finance Intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Actively lead process and efficiency analysis and give insightful recommendations to the team for improving business performance and operational efficiencies
- Broaden your perspective on career development, gain problem-solving insights, and enhance your ability to navigate the organizational culture
- Develop your network by engaging with employees and interns from across Cargill’s many businesses and functions
- Participate in team-building and philanthropic events throughout your internship.
- Complete projects throughout the summer and report-out on your accomplishments through a final internship capstone presentation to business leaders, supervisors and colleagues at the end of your internship
- Internships are paid and are at a minimum of 12 weeks in duration
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (eligibility based on mileage)
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern
- Attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year into the fulltime Finance Associate Rotational Program
- As employees, interns receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities
- Interns are typically based out of Wayzata, MN or Wichita, KS while some interns may be placed at a Cargill plant or office location across the United States, including but not limited to, Blair, NE; Gainesville, GA; Eddyville, IA; Monticello, MN; or other locations. However, all candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the U.S.
- Plant or office setting; must be open to interning in either type of setting
- Travel approximately 10% or less
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or a related degree
- Must be graduating between December 2021 and June 2022, and be available for full-time employment upon graduation
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the U.S.
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2021)
- Intermediate level proficiency using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Experience working for a multi-national company
- Strong financial acumen
- Significant quantitative and analytical capability
- Fluency in a second language
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Learning agility and desire for experience across the diverse domains of finance
- Demonstrated self-starter, entrepreneurial and innovative
- Experience with budgeting, investment analysis, economic profit concepts and strategic planning concepts
- Exposure to financial modeling, scenario planning, and reporting
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. – Microsoft Power BI, Tableau)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.