Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
Strategic Finance Leader is an active partner in the development of our business strategy, sets clear financially focused targets for the business, while ensuring effective deployment of capital. In this role, you will be a critical business partner for the Eastern Europe Managing Director, Poland leadership and European leadership teams by providing forward-looking financial leadership, focused on value creation and insights to drive decisions and results.
Possible locations: Słupca, Nowy Sącz, Warsaw (These are Konspol locations and Konspol is representing the Cargill Protein Business in Poland - the one that you will be supporting)
- Provide proactive, financially-based, actionable insight to business partners to enable successful strategy execution and to realize financial goals
- Set financial targets for short-term and long-term plans
- Evaluate and guide investment portfolio strategy; Oversee and support the development of business cases to ensure consistency and validate assumptions
- Lead asset optimization, cost management and effective capital management
- Partner with commercial leaders to shape, drive, and measure the execution of pricing strategies and market prioritization
- Translate unstructured data into insights on profitability across product / channel / customer segments by taking strategic levers into consideration (e.g., pricing, trade promotions)
- Identify opportunities to reduce or better manage working capital, COGS and SG&A expenses and advise business on execution strategy (in support of business partners across plant, enterprises and regions)
- Run scenario analyses on the impact of economic indicators (e.g., consumer trends, population demographics) on business strategy
- Liaise with other areas of finance to identify risks and improvement opportunities
- Deliver clear presentations including defending positions on controversial topics, adapt style to continuously seek win-win solutions.
- Actively participate in new product development projects, develops necessary financial projections and sensitivity, approves the final financial forecast and model for the business.
- Demonstrate an application of broad/diverse commercial knowledge with understanding of how all areas come together and operate as a business.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business or a related field or equivalent experience
- Confirmed ability to develop and execute long term strategic plans
- Experience with design, develop and implement value-added business analytics
- Confirmed experience in supporting Senior Stakeholders and the business in key investment decisions
- Work in an international environment
- Life insurance
- Private Medical Care
- Employee Pension Programme
- Meal Voucher
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/