Food Safety and Quality Technician
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition, and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
As a Food Safety and Quality Technician at Cargill you will complete routine analytical and laboratory testing in support of the food safety quality and operational teams. We are looking for a hardworking person who will perform routine analysis of product testing, be responsible for checking and monitoring instrumentation performance and conducting tests for which we are going to provide intermediate supervision. In this role, you will document results into databases and/or communicate test results.
- Perform routine analysis on final, and in process, products. Guarantees finished products meet required specifications prior to releasing shipments.
- Enters data into databases and communicates results verbally or in writing as required. Resolves problems by examining and evaluating data; selects corrective steps.
- Assists with the evaluation and interpretation of highly complex data, identifies problems with atypical test results consulting with upper level personnel
- Supports trials and experiments under the direction of more senior team members.
- Performs food safety/quality leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to facility employees.
- Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
A strong candidate has been identified for this position. However we will consider all candidates who meet the requirements.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Possesses proven working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Able and willing to work a rotating shift, including weekends and holidays.
- Able and willing to navigate walk, sit, or stand for extended periods.
- Able and willing to navigate safely in an industrial environment (e.g., ladders, stairs, stationary and moving industrial equipment).
- Able and willing to lift up to 50lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five years of experience within a laboratory or food manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of ISO 22000 accreditation's or standards
- Experience reading and interpreting documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals).
- Experience writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook and general computer skills.
- Ability multitasking.
- Good oral and communication skills.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.