Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Technical Account Manager Meat Alternatives and Plant-based Protein will provide technical advice and support to customers during and after product sales. In this position, you'll be the technical lead contact for customers. You'll stay ahead of technology and business practices through workshops, research and professional meetings.
JOB LOCATION: Netherlands (Bergen op Zoom, Amsterdam), Belgium (Vilvoorde), Germany (Dusseldorf), France (Paris-La Defense), open for candidates based in remote locations in these countries.
- Supporting and coordinating new product development pipeline of Cargill by bringing market and customer insights
- New Business Development for strategic accounts on regional and local level with Cargill’s Starch, Sweeteners, Protein and Texturizers portfolio.
- Collaborate with consultants to provide on-site technical support for current customers and prospects.
- Provide customer solutions and technical support materials to specific customers.
- Perform complex research for product development to understand product properties and systems operations.
- Compile and analyze data for project update, working with external suppliers to test new products and technologies to make recommendations on applications.
- Organize project data and conclusions for internal and customer presentations, assist with product demonstrations and service as subject matter guide during meetings with prospective customers.
- Stay ahead of product insight and research to improve value of offerings.
- Keep application and value collection up-to-date in the systems.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Technology or related topic
- Minimum of four years of customer facing technical service experience within plant-based protein ingredients supplier or in new product development within the companies producing meat alternatives products.
- Fluent in English
- Open for 30% EU travel
- Master's degree, Doctorate degree
- Practical work experience in meat alternatives, plant-based proteins industry.
- Experience with cross-functional and multi-cultural teams
- Experience in effectively building and managing customer relationships
- Passion for understanding, creating, and communicating value and solutions to team members and customers
- Ability to translate industry/market trends into new opportunities and solutions for existing and new customers/markets
- Experience in presentation skills
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/