Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
The Cargill Limited Grain Export Terminal located on the waterfront in North Vancouver, BC has an opportunity available for an Inter-Provincial Red Seal Millwright Journeyman to work as part of the maintenance team to ensure that all plant equipment is maintained and managed to the highest degree of reliability in a safe and cost effective manner. Reporting to Maintenance Supervisor, the Millwright Journeyman fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs mechanical products and associated equipment.
- Perform predictive maintenance and corrective maintenance on facility assets
- Complete scheduled quantitative preventative maintenance inspections on critical equipment
- Complete installation of new equipment
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Maintain equipment, making repairs and modifications when necessary
- Inspect individual parts, assemblies, and installations for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, and micro-meters
- Participate in safety meetings, training activities, and in the plant safety program
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
The current hourly wage for this position is $45.25 CAD.
This Full-time position is located in North Vancouver, BC; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Possession of Inter-Provincial Red Seal Millwright Trade Certification
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Basic knowledge of industrial safety, food safety and environmental regulations with absolute commitment to safety
- 3 years of industrial experience or more
- Basic use of a computer and typing skills
- Experience in grain industry or related food industries
- Knowledge of maintenance reliability processes (predictive and preventative maintenance)
- Working experience with different manufacturing materials (mild steel, stainless steel, AR plating, tiles, liners)
- Experience with welding, fabrication, and pipe fitting
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and layout drawings
- Previous experience with laser alignment equipment, diesel equipment, conveyors, small and large gear boxes, or hydraulics
- Strong work ethic and a desire to be part of a high-performing team
- Experience operating a Powered Industrial Truck (PIT)/Forklift
Position requires shift work: currently, days and afternoons on 6 days on, 3 days off rotation. (However, the possibility of future graveyard shifts may exist).
Please ensure diplomas, certificates and BCTQ are submitted online along with resume.
Unionized position with ILWU - Grain Workers Union, Local 333.
Hourly rate = as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.