Grain Plant Operator
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Grain Plant Operator
This Full-time position is located in Topeka, Kansas; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
The Elevator Operator is responsible for operating the Farm Service Center efficiently, in a safe manner with superior customer service.
This is an excellent opportunity for qualified individuals interested in:
- Working in a state-of-the-art grain facility.
- Team environment.
- Working toward career advancement.
- Competitive salary.
- Train loading incentives.
- Incentive program.
- Benefits package.
- Operate safely within Cargill policy, procedures, and governmental regulations and fully participate in Cargill Safety programs (BBSP, SafeStart etc.)
- Perform critical operations to keep facility running: Loading/Unloading barges, trucks and railcars. Other grain handling including, filling /reclaiming of ground piles, transferring, blending etc.
- Provide a high level of customer service by displaying courteous, helpful, knowledgeable interaction and behaviors.
- Maintain the general appearance of the facility to include elevators, grounds, buildings, etc.
- Monitor equipment to ensure it's in good working order, participate in the overall maintenance of the facility and equipment - notify management of any necessary repairs or possible equipment concerns.
- Be an involved/engaged member of a team and be willing to act and think independently.
- Ability to problem solve and make decision as needed.
- Demonstrated self-starter and high initiative.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good Attendance Record & Work Ethics.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to work overtime includingweekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Forklift certified.
- Basic use of a computer
- Able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Prior experience in production related work.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.