Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Manager
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Manager will plan, develop and maintain all food safety quality and regulatory systems in a location. We seek an experienced professional who will lead on-site implementation of policies, continuous improvement processes and systems, shaping the location’s food safety and quality culture and leading talent management practices. In this position, you will partner closely with the on-site and local leadership team.
- Ensure implementation and compliance of all food safety quality and regulatory policies and practices at assigned location.
- Implement predefined customer and supplier standards, address customers' needs, and act as liaison between customer and operations to ensure standards and expectations are met.
- Support local leaders by building a strong culture of food safety, quality and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor regulatory activities and act as liaison with regulatory authorities at local level.
- Analyze, review and interpret food safety quality and regulatory policies and practices to identify and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- You will develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business and/or regulatory environment while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, exhibiting authority for talent management decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also coordinate subordinate managers and supervisors in selecting staff to align with current and future needs of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years related work experience
- Ready to Eat meat processing experience
- Proven cross functional leadership and collaboration abilities
- Risk management skills
- Experience in microbiology, food safety, and quality assurance
- Mentoring and employee development experience
- Three or more years of supervisory experience
- British Retail Consortium (BRC) or Safe Quality Food (SQF) audit experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.