Food Safety Quality & Regulatory Associate
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Associate will be responsible for ensuring internal collaboration and connectivity for all policies, standards, and trainings. You will partner with contacts to assist with compliance and customer specification issues. You will also work closely with the location(s) to coordinate and plan programs that fall under food safety, quality and also regulatory areas.
- Performs inspection of finished or in-process goods, analyzes data, and identifies trends in defects or errors.
- Conducts root cause analysis for defects, non-conformities, or other quality failures.
- Responsible for coordination of Food Safety Quality and Regulatory functions including continuous improvement processes, compliance to audits, and assisting with customer specifications and quality issues.
- Ensure Environmental Health and Safety training and new procedure implementation are executed and completed timely and accurately.
- Assist with Related training development and scheduling.
- Provides training, coaching, and mentoring to team members.
- Plan, coordinate and direct all regulatory compliance, laboratory, food/feed safety, and quality programs within the location to ensure compliance with customer, supplier, and government requirements and expectations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR equivalent experience
- Moderate computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, and database navigation)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience in leading cross functional teams
- Validated change management in an industrial setting
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.