Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”
Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”
Job ID SWA00106
Date posted 12/07/2020
Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain – North America (CASC NA) connects agricultural producers to food, feed and industrial customers through a seamless supply chain. We help our customers compete in the global market and efficiently deliver products from origins to destinations through our marketing, sourcing, originating, storing, trading, consulting and processing of grain, oilseeds and crop inputs products and solutions. CASC NA business reaches across Canada, United States & Mexico with an expansive asset footprint including over 200 grain elevators, export/import facilities, oilseed crush plants, biodiesel facilities, and farm service centers.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
- Ensure accurate information of all data related to the role (for example scale weights and transactions) are recorded daily or as required
- Inventory Management and assistance with deliveries where needed
- Shipping and receiving by truck
- Operate all equipment associated with position – this can include such things such as truck dump, bobcat, forklift and cube van or facility equipment like conveyors, scales, and drags
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment utilized by facility; determine immediate and long-range needs for maintenance and repair work, perform minor maintenance
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation and attend various mandatory safety and department meetings
- Assist other plant personnel as needed, and perform any other duty as requested by the leadership team
- Monitor all vehicles, trailers and wagons approaching scale to ensure they are safe and of proper condition
- Ensure all safety standards and policies, FSQR standards are adhered to as required by the role
- Assist customers with questions or concerns, forward on to appropriate location staff
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Basic use of a computer and typing skills
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Forklift Certified
- Prior experience in production related work
- High School diploma or Equivalent
This full time position is located in Swan River, Manitoba; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match