Sr. Sales Account Manager (West Coast)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
The Sr. Sales Account will help sell a portfolio of our technical and nontechnical products, services and solutions directly to current and new customers. We seek a results-oriented professional with a thorough understanding of business, financials, products and services, the market or the needs and challenges of assigned accounts.
Inform customers, of new products, services and prices understanding both consumer & customers’ needs and translating those needs into innovative, differentiable and sustainable business opportunities based on ingredients, ingredient systems, service and quality driven solutions.
Assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products, services and solutions.
Contribute to developing and delivering sales bids, proposals and presentations and conducting product demonstrations.
Help develop medium- to long-term sales plans, preparing strategies to protect, grow and diversify relationships with targeted customers.
Develop, maintain, and implement strategic 3 Pack account planning process that contains the strategies and action plans for maximizing the value of the account and Cargill’s potential to further develop and grow the business relationship with the customer and broader network of internal constituents.
Pursue and support long-term growth through the development of overall strategies. Identify and recommend new market opportunities related to your customer base. Strategically represent the customer to Cargill. Advocate, position, and coordinate resources/information across multiple businesses for meeting the customer’s current and future needs and requirements as well as gaining customer long term, continued commitment.
Lead and coordinate customer negotiation process. Will close critical, complex sales transactions. Execute customer pricing and contracting programs utilizing market data and ingredient value proposition.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience.
- Minimum of four years of food ingredient sales experience or related work experience
- Strong relationship building, listening, influencing, and communication skills.
- Proven experience working within a matrix organization.
- Understanding of ingredient applications: ability to recognize/understand, properly communicate and follow up.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience in specialty products (starch, soy, hydrocolloids, lecithin or systems/blending)andcommodity based products (sugar, corn, or soy).
- Experience in development and execution of pricing strategy and additional value-added service, e.g., supply chain management, risk management, collaborative product development.
- Personal experience calling on, major consumer food and beverage companies.
- Conceptual strength; ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity with strong people agility.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with excellent organization skills
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.