Flex Production Worker
The flex position is responsible for performing general production duties in a food manufacturing environment and will work within strict standards. Specific tasks are not guaranteed, and must be flexible in performing assigned duties.
As production demands the flex worker will be placed at any work station / department at any time. Including but not limited to: Pack Off, Grind, Formax, QC, Distribution , Boxroom, Lab. The flex will demonstrate an overall knowledge of training requirements that is assigned within a specific department. In this role you are responsible for making sure that we have quality product that is made to our customer specifications and requirements.
We are highly engaged and our number one priority is safety, personal and food safety. As a stakeholder within the company all policies and procedures must be understood and followed.
- The flexible work group at the Spruce Grove facility addresses the need for greater plant flexibility and may be cross trained in multiple areas of the plant
- Flex workers are considered general labourers and may be requested to work days, afternoons and night shifts at the discretion of area supervisors and/or management
- There is no designated shift or position and the flex worker will rotate between shifts
- You will be trained for multiply tasks within the plant
- You may be required to work up to 40 hours per week, however 40 hours is not guaranteed, as this is based on production demands
- Hours over 40 per week are considered over-time
- Must be able to stand up to 10 hours and complete physically repetitive labour in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to lift 60 lb boxes throughout the day
- Must be able to read English and comprehend training material and lock out tag out procedures
- Must be able to understand and follow all food, personal and company safety policies and procedures
- Must be reliable, punctual and maintain good attendance
- Must be willing to take necessary training to perform the assigned tasks IE: forklift/pallet jack training
This flex position is located in Spruce Grove, Alberta; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping
- Ability to lift a up to 60 pounds
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme cold
- Must be able to read/write English
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends and or different shifts
- Able to work overtime
- Forklift certified
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to operate machinery
- Experience in production related work
- Basic computer skills
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.