The Contracts Associate Lawyer will review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts. In this role, you will help design, develop and leverage forms, templates, playbooks and processes for reviewing and drafting standard and non-standard contracts, negotiate third party contracts, and track legal matters and trends. You will work collaboratively with business team members and other lawyers and paralegals who provide counsel related to a variety of contracts for the company.
- Collaborate with members of the law team and clients to structure and execute commercial transactions.
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documents including a wide variety of commercial contracts such as agreements relating to information technology, intellectual property, procurement, service, consulting, distribution, external manufacturing, sales, license and other legal agreements.
- Correspond, communicate, and strategize with clients, outside counsel, third parties and lawyers and paralegals within the organization.
- Develop, manage and leverage systems for workflow management, tracking and communicating the status of legal matters.
- Provide leadership and support in one or more contract categories, including template, playbook and quality control oversight.
- Provide support on special projects as appropriate.
- Pursue professional development in support of the global contracts group, law and company priorities.
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to work seamlessly in English on legal matters
- Knowledge and experience in common law legal principles and contracts.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Master Degree in Law
- Five years of related work experience
- Experience practicing as a lawyer in the commercial transactions area.
- Experience working with information technology agreements.
- Experience with contract lifecycle management systems.
- Competent in conducting legal research within scope of responsibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent contract analysis, drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong organization and execution skills and high impact execution
- Collaboration with others to promote greater team work and outcomes for clients
- Demonstrated ability to operate in ambiguous situations
- Proven ability to manage conflict and strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and be solutions-oriented
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.