Associate Lawyer - Contracts
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Position Purpose & Summary
The Associate Lawyer will provide legal counsel to Cargill, Incorporated as an in-house lawyer, and will be part of the Cargill Law function, and specifically a member of the Global Contracts Group. This position will work closely with Cargill business team members and other lawyers and paralegals who provide counsel related to a variety of contracts for Cargill. The primary accountability for this position is review, drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts. This role will help design, develop and leverage forms, templates, playbooks and processes for reviewing and drafting standard and non-standard contracts, negotiating third party contracts, and for tracking matters and trends. Successful candidates will have excellent contracting skills and experience, and a strong orientation toward collaboration, process and continuous improvement. Ability to work on European and North America agreements.
Conduct contract review, drafting, and negotiation
- Collaborate with other members of the Law team and clients to structure and execute commercial transactions.
- Responsibilities include drafting, review, and negotiation of legal documents including a wide variety of commercial contracts such as agreements relating to information technology, intellectual property, procurement, service, consulting, distribution, external manufacturing, sales, license, confidentiality and material transfer, storage and handling, construction and other similar agreements.
- Correspond, communicate, and strategize with clients, outside counsel, third parties and lawyers and paralegals within Cargill Law.
- Develop, manage and leverage systems for workflow management, tracking and communicating status of matters.
Provide category support, knowledge sharing, professional development and special projects
- Provide leadership and support in one or more contract categories, including template, playbook and quality control oversight.
- Apply legal skills and experience to design, develop and modify forms, templates, playbooks and processes for reviewing and drafting standard contracts, and tracking matters and trends.
- Liaise with commercial lawyers and paralegals to develop and drive understanding among Global Contracts Group of relevant group business strategies and priorities
- Provide support on special projects as appropriate.
- Provide mentoring and training to other team members.
- Pursue professional development in support of Global Contracts Group, Law and Cargill priorities.
- Ability to work seamlessly in English on legal matters
- Master’s degree in law
- License to practice law in Bulgaria or ability to become licensed in Bulgaria
- Minimum (5) years’ experience practicing as a lawyer in the commercial transactions area
- Demonstrated ability to spot key legal issues in various domain areas such as: information technology, intellectual property, competition law, food law, employment law, etc.
- Strong experience working with information technology agreements
- Competent in conducting legal research within scope of responsibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent contract analysis, drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Strong organization and execution skills and high impact execution
- Ability to serve as a strong business partner and proven history of building trust with others
- Collaboration with others to promote greater teamwork and outcomes for clients
- Demonstrated ability to operate in ambiguous situations
- Proven ability to manage conflict and strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and be solutions-oriented
- Shows courage, resourcefulness and resilience
- Adapts quickly to change, suggests continuous process improvements and contributes to a positive and inclusive working environment
- Shows good judgment and commitment to Cargill's Code of Conduct and Guiding Principles
- Agile, nimble and adaptable to process changes
- Ability to influence at all levels within an organization (and a strong history of coaching/developing others)
- Experience with contract lifecycle management systems
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Ability to learn and understand new applications
- Experience working with international teams
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.