Accounting and Finance Analyst
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Position Purpose & Summary
This role will be part of the newly formed Function Finance team providing support for multiple Functions (IT, HR, CSSP, CTL, Law, R&D, Plant Ops, etc.). The Accounting and Finance (A&F) Analyst role is a challenging opportunity to learn the complexities of Cargill’s Functions utilizing strong accounting, problem solving and communication skills.
As the Functions Finance Tag for mainly HR, and IT but also CSSP/CTL and others, this person will serve a critical business partnering role and be the first point of contact for the assigned functions. In addition, the role works closely with other Accounting & Finance (A&F) and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) resources. Development will include gaining experience with global management reporting, business partnering skills and financial analysis.
Accounting & Finance
- Support the budget process for assigned functions. Understand and document key budget drivers and assumptions.
- Analyze key management reports and metrics to add insights and recommend actions to improve results
- Provide financial and business analysis on projects and key initiatives including business case preparation and commitment models
- Prepare and analyze forecasts and finalize key financial and business presentations
- Function risk and control activities including understanding key risks for assigned functions and playing an advisory role to ensure proper risk and controls are in place.
- As the first point of contact for assigned function, serve as an effective business partner which includes understanding the assigned Function’s Strategy and Key Priorities, identifying and delivering value creation opportunities for those functions, and identifying areas for continuous improvement.
- Identify key trends and issues based on actual and forecasted data including reviewing monthly variance reports.
- Identify analytics needs of Functions via a comprehensive understanding of their business and collaboration with its stakeholders.
- BA or BS degree and 3 years of relevant experience, or MA, MS, MBA degree and commensurate experience in positions of increasing responsibility in a large high-growth, multi-national environment
- Proficiency in all aspects of accounting and finance
- Understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes, tools, and approaches
- Proficiency in Microsoft tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Critical thinking and analytics skills, coupled with high business acumen and the ability to translate principles of finance theory into practical application.
- Results orientation, “can do” attitude, intellectual curiosity, creativity, interpersonal, collaboration, negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Proven ability to interact with and influence all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, improve, and lead business improvement opportunities
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strategic thinking, understanding the big picture
- Ability to handle highly confidential, sensitive information
- Experience with analytical tools (e.g. Business Objects, Apptio, Tableau)
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.