Quality Associate Technician (Night Shift)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Do you love a challenge? Love to analyze data and uncover risks? Do you enjoy training, mentoring, and guiding new hires? These are a few of the ways we can use your experience in this position. The Quality Associate Technician (Night Shift) develops and implements processes and procedures meant to improve quality throughout the organization. In this role, you will partner with other teams to identify and mitigate quality risks. You will work with senior staff to address customer requirements and concerns, as well as collaborate on audits.
- Expertly perform an inspection of finished or in-process goods, analyze data, and identify trends in defects or errors.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on product design, product management, and production, to uncover and avoid quality risks.
- Conduct root cause analysis for defects, nonconformities, or other quality failures.
- Ensure compliance with formal external and internal quality standards.
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring to team members.
- You will work under the direct supervision and handle basic issues and problems while referring more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
• Associates Degree in Biology, Chemistry or Food Science or related field OR in Lieu of degree 1 years’ experience in a lab setting or industrial setting.
• Ability to work from 7:00pm to 7:00am, including holidays and weekends.
• Ability to lift up to 40lb
• Bachelor's degree and 1+ years of related work experience
• Beginning knowledge of quality assurance and/or food safety concepts
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint skills
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.