Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Lead
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Lead will lead the development and execution of strategic sustainability initiatives with businesses, customers, and other external stakeholders that drive progress in key environmental and social impact areas and deliver value to our customers and commercial teams. In this role, you will build partnerships with customers and suppliers across value chains, engage external organizations to advance sustainability frameworks and engage, educate, and influence internal and external stakeholders to execute on our purpose to nourish the world in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
- Form sustainability strategy and tactics for the assigned group, business and major supply chains or for the assigned sustainability topic area.
- Contribute to developing supply chain policy, strategies and action plans in an integrated operating company approach.
- Interact with customers directly and indirectly to ascertain their sustainability related needs and work with commercial teams in developing and delivering solutions to those needs to ultimately drive business growth.
- Communicate sustainability policies and objectives to suppliers, with the purpose of extending our supply chain policies and requirements through our suppliers.
- Identify and work with external partners like non-governmental organizations (NGOs), foundations, universities and government offices for program design, implementation, securing additional funding and project work.
- Develop, maintain and apply industry leading expertise in sustainability within Ferrous industry.
- Represent the company in external senior level stakeholder industry events in matters related to sustainability.
- Provide expert thought leadership in sustainability impact on Ferrous industry , using additional research and interpretation to identify monetizable opportunity for Cargill metals. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Experience in identifying customer needs and developing solutions
- Technical knowledge in environmental, economic and social benefits of sustainable development
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental science
- Experience working in trading and/or commodity businesses (preferably within ferrous industry)
- Experience in trading, risk management and trade finance
- Experience in product/solution marketing or consulting work
- Experience in Business Development
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
- Experience in the development of systems and processes (including digital) as it relates to sustainability
- Experience managing customer relationships
- Experience developing periodic public facing progress reports in collaboration with Communications
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.