Position Purpose & Summary
With the ongoing growth of CNF vegetable oil business, expect this role to assist the CNF business manager and Shanghai Vegoil Desk for the following:
1. Assist to manage the CNF Soybean oil business to third party customers and various internal stakeholders.
2. Assist to grow and subsequently manage the CNF Sunflower oil business to our potential customers. Work closely with internal stakeholders to fulfill the in-house demand.
3. Monetize the above CNF resources by generating 2mln USD trading PnL per year from second/third year on this role.
4. Update the CNF trade done files. Client profile database and work closely with TDA team to provide SnD update information.
5. Provide timely market intelligence on CNF SBO/SFO as well as trade ideas to Oil Desk.
20% Assist to maintain the strong business relationships with key internal and external CNF Soybean Oil stakeholders.
1) Understand SBO clients demand, buying behavior, decision making logic/process and open position.
2) Be familiar with the contract details and work closely with TE team to follow up each trade.
3) On top of the government import policy and industrial evolution in CNF market.
4) Facilitate the communication between China team and WTG on CNF market evolution, order flow forecast in a timely and quantitative manner
5) Manage oil supplier relationships and obtain valuable market intelligence.
40% Assist to grow and manage the CNF Sunflower oil business
1) Identify the key SFO consumers and understand their purchase behavior.
2) Build up the consumers base by working closely with various internal stakeholders
3) Assist to evaluate the cash/futures trading and hedging opportunity.
4) Engage/guide GTA team into relevant fundamental/trading analysis to serve SND purpose.
5) Facilitate the communication between China team and WTG on CNF market evolution, order flow forecast in a timely and quantitative manner
6) Manage oil supplier relationships and obtain valuable market intelligence.
20% Monetize relevant CNF resources by generating 1-2mln USD trading PnL per year (2nd/3rd year onwards on this role).
1) Once familiar with the business and obtained relevant knowledge/experience, trading limit will be given on trading relative values and with the budget to generate 1-2 million USD trading PnL.
2) Provide trading ideas and strategies to the Trading Lead of oil desk.
20% Desk admin responsibilities
1) Update/maintain the client profile information database on desk level.
2) Update trade done information and work closely with TDA team to reflect the latest info into SnD.
3) Keep tracking on the CNF market change including (but not limit to) government policies, new players/capacities, demand evolution.
Minimum Required Qualifications
•Bachelor degree or above
•Excellent verbal and written English
•Decent communication skills and easy-going personality
•Eager to learn new knowledge and handle multiple tasks with time constraint
•Able to work during night hours and be a frequently traveler.
•Experience on both oil cash and futures trading is a plus
•Experience on international trade execution is a plus
•Experience on customers relationship management is a plus
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.