JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Crop Analyst will be responsible for conducting trading analytics efforts. In this role, you will conduct analysis of markets and other economic considerations. You will develop and deploy models, tools and processes to equip our teams to make trading, risk management, margin enhancement and asset utilization decisions.
• Execute best in class global crop supply analytics efforts with limited guidance from others to align regional supply forecasting efforts with global objectives.
• Ensure that crop supply analytics message is heard and understood globally.
• Drive towards speed, accuracy, and communication of confidence intervals for crop forecasts and execute crop continuous improvement initiatives.
• Collaborate and support other analyst team members to deliver analysis that maximizes business competitive advantage.
• Develop and coordinate crop initiatives in conjunction with stakeholders.
• Collaborate with thought leadership for new data, technology, tools and innovation and establish processes to efficiently capture potential crop signal generating data.
• Other duties as assigned
• Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Ability to quickly take disparate information and derive accurate insights
• Deep understanding of markets and interest in how markets work
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and execute under tight timelines and pressure
• In field agronomics experience
• Minimum of two years of related work experience
• Other minimum qualifications may apply
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.