Trading Assistant – Ocean Transportation
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The trading assistant will provide support on trading related activities of Cargill Ocean Transportation . We seek a professional who will partner with commercial team and other functions, handle trade contract entry, amendments, and scheduling. In this role you will lead position maintenance, vessel nomination, cash book preparation and maintenance, as well as various reporting and ad-hoc requests which arise on a regular basis
- Support trade entry, amendments of contractual data and valuation parameters.
- Support vessel nominations, provide vessel names and other information to customers within deadlines.
- Keep the trading position of the desk updated. Perform reconciliation of daily positions.
- Prepare and maintain cashbook (overview of contracts) and list of open cargoes and vessels.
- Help traders in collating and reporting market indicators used for trading dashboard.
- Collate data and create the balanced scorecard document on a monthly basis
- Provide support on vessel operations. Checking port costs and other port information for the trading teams
- Support ad-hoc requests to collaborate with world-wide teams to rectify issues.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Organized and detail oriented with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer literate with strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or shipping; or equivalent experience
- Familiar with basic financial concepts.
- Experience in a trading or/and shipping environment
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more: https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.