Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Strategic Pricing Manager takes the lead to develop and execute the strategic pricing process across all sales channels for defined business. In this role, you will optimize the business approach, processes and pricing execution, coordinate to get alignment among business stakeholders, and will also lead the strategic development and business optimization of the long term contracts portfolio for defined business segments.
- Develop fact-based approach to customer profitability by in-depth understanding of the margins at the customer level for defined sales channels.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to maximize profitability and anticipate market changes, as well as improve approach to pricing in segmentation, market insights, specific customer requirements and added value service.
- Support customer negotiations for contracting discussions; keep track of cost and price in various markets globally and drive teams to pro-active selling and margin optimization.
- Manage strategic pricing reporting and process and optimize the margin structure to ensure the financial business objectives as well as specific customer and market targets are met.
- Take the lead in the execution of different pricing strategies and improve sustainable profitability by partnering with various internal functions, like product line, sales, marketing and finance.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement of the strategic pricing process, like improving quality and delivery efficiency, optimizing connection with adjacent commercial processes, and coordinating activities across markets globally.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Analytical proficiency to derive insights from large and complex sets of business data.
- Financial knowledge for profit and loss, margin and price decision making.
- Experienced in leading transformation of business unit's pricing function.
- Experienced in project and change management.
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/