Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Projects and Investments Manager will support strategy and gameboard development and implementation for our business. In this role, you will partner with business and function leaders across multiple enterprises to prepare, participate and execute gameboards and support cultivation and due diligence activities involved with scouting, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
- Build strategies for different categories and geographies in which Cargill’s edible oils business operates. Building strategy involves laying out our aspired position in the market, where to play, how to win and assets/capabilities needed to succeed.
- Influence business leaders and guide key milestones for successful strategy execution and portfolio management and lead due diligence and cultivation on selected targets.
- Provide analytics, communication, workstream leadership and external industry insights needed to remain relevant and to support refinement of the business strategy based on the provided deliverables.
- Lead gameboard workstreams by partnering closely with business and functional leaders to support mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
- Provide thought leadership and support to other workstreams through developing gameboard approach, target scouting and prioritization and prepare gameboard update deliverables.
- Lead scouting, cultivation and due diligence activities to identify potential targets for the business's gameboard collaborating with research and development, technical experts, segment and category leads and portfolio teams to gather and communicate relevant insights to improve our gameboard.
- Collaborate with other leaders in the organization, across the business, functions and other enterprises to support the integration of target gameboards that are successfully cultivated.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Business and finance modeling skills and ability to provide company or industry profiles and financial summaries
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects to meet timelines and deliver results
- Confirmed ability to effectively collaborate, influence and lead change
- Strong analytical and conceptual skill to solve complex problems
- Experience providing impactful and effective communications through the use of presentations
- Experience working with diverse teams and global cultures to accomplish goals
- Experience coaching, developing talent and building high performing teams and the ability to influence technical and business leaders
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Related work experience in management consulting, corporate finance or internal strategy divisions at large corporations
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/