- Oversees the implementation of a research and analytics plan as part of the overall business strategy and marketing plans - includes, but is not limited to: leveraging consumer, customer, competitor and market data to develop and deliver research and analytics, market mapping, opportunity space analysis, value proposition development, customer and competitor insight and NPSS opportunity space identification.
- Has oversight responsibilities for market research and or market analysis projects and recommends and leads course of action (e.g. customer surveys, customer analytics new product concept research).
- Working closely with FP&A team – integrate market information with Cargill sales and IBP data to measure and manage our performance & market position – e.g. market share (volume and value)
- Accountable for commercial score card metrics that are related to the performance of marketing at the business and group level and responsible for identifying actions to meet or exceed targets.
- Contributes to the continual improvement of the approach taken to develop and deliver the marketing research and analytics.
- Leads the development and execution of marketing vision, strategies and plans including formulation of customer, brand and channel management strategies and plans as applicable. Managing the product portfolio, and incorporating pricing, product and promotional strategies.
- Collaborates with commercial teams to implement commercial strategies and oversees the execution of how we grow relationships and develop and execute tactical go-to-market plans in order to expand business
- Utilizes a robust understanding of our customer’s behaviors, buying process, drivers, and barriers within a line of business
- Is accountable for and leads execution of marketing strategy by implementing necessary communications mix and brand management plans for identified channel business
- Provides input to the group marketing strategy, commercial excellence and business priorities strategy that are consistent with, and further the achieve broader regional business or group goals
- Leads marketing vision and strategy for growth projects in the pipeline and generates growth by driving specific innovation and growth ideas to fill our NPSS pipeline. Identifying capability gaps to be closed, confirming value propositions and opportunity sizing for specific projects. Manages NPSS portfolios and ensure projects move swiftly through the pipeline
- Drive business growth through the development of Product Line Architectures and Technology Roadmaps for our key categories – ensure cross-functional alignment on category product line architecture. Contribute to Intellectual property review team decisions.
- Oversees alignment between current portfolio branding and communication strategies and the NPSS branding and communication plans.
- Provide thought leadership and support to the category customers via front-end innovation activities and direct customer engagement. (e.g. customer innovation days)
- Provide new ideas, concepts and approaches to help our commercial teams meet the needs of our customers and grow our business.
- Responsible for understanding regional channels and operations by routinely visiting local businesses to understand capabilities and customers, to build relationships and facilitate customer value, including contributing to their strategic direction
- Collaborates with sales management to develop overall objectives and growth strategies for new and existing markets.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders (including R&D, commercial leaders and sales account managers, portfolio managers, strategic pricing, FP&A and operations) to create insights and strategy development and drive execution of commercial and marketing plans.
- Ensure the organization understands our channel strategy, customers and market dynamics.
- In collaboration with the sales/account managers, manages and supports the development of customer events and in some instances, partners with customers and consumers on marketing strategy development and implementation.
- Actively participate in setting up an IBP process as key marketing contact providing strategic marketing view for the category during PMR step specifically. Together with R&D leader, Managing Director and group leaders in related areas, define an effective innovation process for new products and solutions for all business channels.
- Interfaces with internal and external clients and customers as well as oversees the team on client/customer interactions.
- University Degree in Business & economics or marketing ( or bachelor’s degree plus relevant work experience)
- MBA - Optional, but recommended - Secondary qualification in marketing or strategy development.
- 10 or more years of experience in Marketing, Business Development or Strategic Management
- Demonstrated experience & ability in leading customer innovation: translating industry/ market trends into new opportunities and identifying and developing new customer value propositions and solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking (conceptual/strategic) capabilities and experience of developing marketing strategies in line with business strategy.
- Ability to manage change and lead & influence people in new directions. Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders including proven experience in effectively executing within a matrixed organization, without direct supervisory control or influence.
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and work effectively without established processes and solutions and experience in managing complex projects
- Preferably knowledge of food industry customers
- Developing & Deploying digital customer solutions
- Fluent in English
- Proven strong analytical skills and quantitative ability, curiosity.
- Creative, able to think out of the box, entrepreneurial mindset
- Effective communication & presentation skills
- Influencing, relating to people. Facilitating decision making processes and meetings.
- Proactive, anticipates needs.
- Business Acumen
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.