Data Visualization Analyst
The Data Visualization Analyst will focus on enabling strategic management information, business intelligence and analytics competencies with the primary purpose to reduce time to insights and enable business value through dashboarding. You will be designing and building these strategic and actionable insights utilizing the comprehensive visual analytics capabilities of Cargill's Self Service Analytics Platforms, connecting to the underlying data models in our Big Data Platform. In this role, you will act as an authority for key metrics and KPI’s, data lineage, access, visualizations, and storytelling across functions and regions.
You will not only work closely with the other analysts and engineers of the data & analytics team, but also with the business stakeholders across functions and regions and gather their functional input which will be reflected in the dashboards. The insights will drive value for the Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate business and help the business make fact based decisions, and become an insight driven organization.
The role will be part of a global product team (along-side other Data Engineers, Architects, BI developers, Business Analysts etc.) that runs DevOps and continuously releases new product increments and report to the Global Data & Analytics Lead of the group. The visual analytics environments (front-end) of both new and existing data products will be your core domain, but you will also be exposed to our back-end.
We are looking for a candidate with proven data analytics experience utilizing data analysis methodologies and tools to increase efficiency and effectiveness. This role requires strong technical skills, curiosity to learn new business processes, a creative mindset, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborate with businesses, application and process owners, and product team members to define functional reporting and analytics requirements and own the user story creation to realize the technical end product;
- Deliver sustainable, effective and efficient reporting and analytical solutions across teams to enable consistency and quality control of key business data;
- Resolve solutions gaps and issues in a timely and effective/efficient manner;
- Provide necessary technical support through all phases of solution life cycle;
- Build prototypes to test new concepts and be a key contributor of ideas that improve fact based decision making, (advanced) analytics, and key performance metrics;
- Help drive the adoption of new visual analytics technologies and methods within the functional data and analytics team;
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff;
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience;
- 2+ years applied experience in working with Visual Analytics Platforms like Tableau and/or PowerBI;
- 1+ years applied experience in optimizing performance of dashboards (front-end) to accommodate for non-functional requirements;
- Supported and enabled management information and business intelligence strategy;
- Applied experience with UI/UX concepts and story-telling through data;
- Applied experience with Data Warehousing concepts (e.g. dimensional modelling) and the use of traditional RDBMS;
- Applied experience with data process mapping and business analysis;
- Experience in designing an effective and scaleable ETL process;
- Experience with development tools like GitHub, Azure DevOps, Jira, etc.;
- Experience with the Agile mindset;
- Coordinated user training and support;
- Excellent command of the English language, both written as verbal;
- Master’s Degree in IT or Technical Business Studies/Engineering;
- Past experience in the FMCG sector;
- Delivered analytics and insights to management teams;
- Experience with Hadoop and/or other big data technologies;
- Experience with Tableau Prep and/or Alteryx;
- Experience with SAP Business Objects;
- Experience in Advanced Analytics (predictive);
- Some experience with Python and/or Scala
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.