Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Environmental Health and Safety Associate Specialist will provide subject matter expertise that complies with environmental, health and safety regulations. In this role, you will support the implementation and application of environmental, health and safety and process safety management processes and programs. You will understand, in detail, the applications of safe, compliant operational practices, and support compliance demonstration associated with company policy, work processes, programs and standards.
- Build partnerships and interact with all levels of site personnel from production workers to top location leadership, business leadership and environment, health and safety functional leadership.
- Develop an understanding and execute environmental, health and safety work processes, activities and controls.
- Review and break down environmental operating, construction and other permits and identify compliance demonstration requirements, activities and tasks and deploy and execute the compliance demonstration program.
- Localize company and legally required processes, programs and controls and integrate them into site level operating procedures, tools and work instructions to standardize front line processes and monitor, analyze and adjust for improved performance.
- Conduct recordkeeping, analysis, and reporting duties and identify improvement and risk mitigation opportunities and leverage and implement most effective technologies and improvements in alignment with the country lead.
- Support the preparation for company audits, governmental inspections, customer visits and collect data and prepare reports needed to monitor program maturity, performance and compliance.
- Support determination of suitable training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, support gap assessment to identify training needs, support adjustment of curriculum to reflect site-specific needs and support delivery of training.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Knowledge of Dutch environmental and arbo legislation
- Preferably in possession of HVK or MVK certification.
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to job related duties
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently
- Good insight in ISO certifying systems e.a. ISO-14001 and ISO-45001
- Experienced in EH&S action and event tracking systems (e.a. Enablon)
- Able to coordinate management review, internal audits, self assessments and translate outcome into action items.
- Ability to maintain EH&S KPI dashboard independently
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/