Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Principal Portfolio Architect, (Customer Facing) will plan, define, and support the comprehensive capabilities, architecture, functionality and economics of the suite of platform services, products and technologies in scope for the portfolio. In this role, you will work closely with the technology architects and project leaders across the organization to develop strategy and roadmaps and define target architecture for the span of the portfolio, develop and evolve end to end full stack architecture, lead executive level presentations, balance business and technology strategies and stay current with emerging business and technology trends to promote an innovative company culture. You will provide strategic guidance for business processes, engineering and solution frameworks and interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions and be accountable for strategic vendor architecture vision, planning and deployment as resources engage within the scope of the portfolio.
- Lead the architecture for an assigned scope of products and services and collaborate with platform and product engineers to further develop solutions.
- Activate the strategy across enterprises and the company overall on the capabilities provided within the portfolio and translate it into an architecture plan, in partnership with the portfolio lead and product engineers.
- Research, define, describe, decide and promote target architecture for the portfolio to ensure alignment with enterprise architecture standards, principles and strategies and define and execute relevant architecture processes to do so.
- Drive the definition of architecture and technology strategic opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies and independently establish priorities to ensure they are leading and aligned with business goals and economic viability.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of industry trends and apply this knowledge to target architecture evolution.
- Champion data as a corporate asset and ensure the value realization of the company's investments in data and information areas is captured.
- Interface regularly with other architects, analysts, process designers, application portfolio managers, business relationship managers and enterprise subject matter experts to understand and evaluate portfolio capability needs.
- Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports and their organizations, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Solid knowledge of all the components and frameworks of enterprise architecture
- Extensive experience leading product engineering or architecture for customer facing technologies such as ecommerce, portals, customer relationship management, strategic pricing, or digital marketing.
- Solid related work experience with enterprise architecture
- Solid supervisory experience
- Certification in related enterprise architecture methodologies and frameworks
- Experience developing integrated, end to end solutions involving people, process, data and technology
- Business strategy and business case development
- Confirmed ability to work effectively within a large, multidimensional organization that operates using complex matrix management structures
- Experience collaborating with regional and global teams delivering architecture that meets business goals
“At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment”.