Position Purpose & Summary
Cargill Business Services (CBS) is a multi-function center of Cargill Inc, one of the world’s largest privately held organizations with $110 billion USD in revenue. The center provides high-quality, efficient back-end services across IT, HR, Finance, Transport & Logistics, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement and Trade Execution with 6,000 employees. Please visit www.cargill.com for more details.
CBS is a global organization that envisages the accelerated use of shared services. Its purpose is to bring a smarter, more efficient approach to how we provide shared services to Cargill. That way businesses and functions can focus on what they do best. These services are delivered in 7 Centers based in Bangalore (India), Gurgaon (India), Sofia (Bulgaria), Nanjing (China), San Jose (Costa Rica), Uberlandia (Brazil) and Rosario (Argentina).
This role will join a global team of CBS language translators located in multiple centers and is responsible to convert a variety of source materials (written material, video scripts, etc) from the source language into the target language, making sure that the translated version conveys the meaning of the original as clearly as possible. This role will also be required to translate source local language into English as well.
70% Translate materials into Spanish
• Translate material utilizing specific domain and client terminology to ensure consistency during translation
• Ensure the translated material reflects the desired intent
• Complete self review of all translated material
• Utilize technology from 3rd Party vendor that includes access and updates to a translation memory – as well as a web portal for intake and workflow
• Utilize style guides and brand requirements
15% Edit and proofread
• Review material translated by another person (other members of the team), including third parties
• Edit documents directly and/or provide continuous improvement feedback to the original translator
5% Coordinate translation projects
• Advocate for the use of self-service where applicable
• Direct work between internal translators
• Partner with CBS Project Manager on work demand, routing, quote generation and external language service providers based on requirements
• Manage deliverables to agreed upon schedule
• Manage communications and approvals with requester
• Update system of record on work performed (# of words translated, ticket numbering, etc)
5% Desktop publishing
• Modify the layout of text and images to fit translated material
5% Continuous Improvement
• Submit ideas for improving the service in the areas of people/org, process, data and technology
• Collaborate with the service owner, continuous improvement specialists, and other translators to select, scope and implement improvements.
• Bachelor’s degree in translation/linguistic studies from an institution of higher education; or a recognized graduate qualification in any other field from an institution of higher education plus two years of full-time professional experience in translating; or five years of full-time professional experience in translating.
• Self-motivated and able work to deadlines
• Ability to work remotely at times
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly including technical terminology
• Clear writing style with impeccable knowledge of spelling and grammar
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office and Adobe products
• Comfortable in a fast paced and changing environment
• Articulate and effective communication skills with an appreciation for cultural dynamics
• Excellent presentation skills
• Fluency in English and Portuguese
• Master’s level degree
• Portuguese as Native language
• Experience working in one of more of the following fields: Corporate Communications, Law, Human Resources or Environmental Health and Safety
• Project management experience
• Working knowledge of process improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, CEMM etc.)