Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (Process Safety) is a subject matter authority who co-leads the environmental health and safety agenda together with the plant manager at the sites Hamburg Rothenburgsort and Malchin.
In this role, you will lead the execution and continuous improvement of the environmental, health and safety and process safety management system at complex facilities consisting of highly regulated processes and activities or low-to-medium program maturity with elevated risk of serious injuries and fatalities, serious environmental events, severe process safety events or legal matters.
- Ensuring implementation, sustainment and improvement of the elements of the Cargill Process Safety Risk Management system at the location(s) and continuously benchmark to install industry leading practices and principles for management systems. Below mentioned general accountabilities further describe the position and must be understood through the Process Safety lens and applicability of the management system elements and programs owned by the EHS domain.
- Support the plant manager in leading the external reputation and facilitate the community and governmental interaction and prepare required reports, requests for information and inquiry responses and facilitate governmental inspections, customer visits and company audits.
- Identify contractor support and talent needs and oversee onsite contractor activity and understand local risks applicable to contractor and external service providers. Implement, monitor and evaluate approved processes to control local environmental, health and safety risks with contractors.
- Develop suitable training content and delivery mode, in line with global, regional, and legal requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify competence needs, adjust curriculum to reflect site-specific demand and organize and provide appropriate training.
- Understand, implement and execute environmental, health and safety controls and programs and work processes such as risk identification and assessment, emergency action planning and incident management, agency inspections and audit and internal inspections to ensure they work as intended.
- Partner with plant manager and project leaders and the regional organization to promote and drive a strong environmental, health and safety culture in the facility team by building a mindset where a continuous improvement mentality is viewed essential to success.
- Participate as a member of the site leadership team and consult on planning, issue and incident response and operational environment, health and safety and process safety compliance, understanding systems, integrated processes, regulatory issues and workforce conditions.
- Ensure strong alignment of environment, health and safety goals, metrics and targets with plant vision and targets and govern site performance targets together with plant manager.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Process Safety Certified Professional or equivalent Process Safety Training and periodic additional training followed to understand new industry environmental trends and changes in legislation and best practices applied.
- Experience working in engineering, technical operations, capital project management and/or process safety management or consultation.
- Externally trained, certified and experienced in German legal requirements for fire and explosion protection with special subject on requirements stated in German law Betriebssicherheitsverordnung and Gefahrstoffverordnung
- Solid working knowledge of food safety industry practices and standards
- Strong knowledge of region, country and local regulatory Process Safety requirements
- fluent in German and English
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/