Data Business Analyst
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose And Impact
The Data and Business Intelligence Analyst will develop new insights and understanding of business performance based on data and statistical methods. We seek a professional who will analyze external market dynamics and other data sources to assess trends and provide insights and recommendations to management.
- Develop information technology strategies, policies, and plans.
- Translate business requirements into application requirements.
- Recommend solutions or improvements to business processes using new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
- Identify and analyze business needs, gather requirements and define scope and objectives to make business decisions.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in IT, Computer Science, Business, or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5+ or more years successfully working as Business Analyst or related experience on medium to large scale projects
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical requirements
- Proven experience with stakeholder management
- Capable of working with team on defining a proposed solution
- Advanced English level
- Facilitation and elicitation of requirements
- Backlog generation and refinement
- Data analysis using SQL
- Experience utilizing tools such as Jira and/or Azure DevOps
- Data Testing (Integration, UAT, etc.)
- Experience with different types of data bases and structures
- Data Visualization
- Knowledge of Hadoop, SAP, Oracle, Teradata, etc.
- Documentation and requirement tractability
- Data Management
- Master data
- Metadata population and standards
- Data Quality measurement
- Source to Target mapping
- Working within a sprint framework, managing stakeholders and working with product owners of varying levels of sophistication and experience
- Spark, Python, scripting
"At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment."
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.