- Implements and monitors employee and food/feed safety program standards and goals for all production areas (multiple channels) in a most complex plant. Accountable for all internal/external operating/regulatory procedures on employee safety and food/feed safety.
- Supports EHS/FSQR experts and production Area Superintendent (ASI) to ensure the most effective risk mitigation plans and regulatory compliance strategies are in place.
- Health & Safety: champions a culture of zero injury and illness.
- Environmental: Reduces and proactively avoids environmental impact and potential risk to the businesses.
- Food Safety: Accountable for eliminating risks associated with products. Ensures HACCP/FDA requirements are met in all food and feed processes.
- Educates/trains workforce in the food safety fundamentals and completes safety inspections and housekeeping audits.
- Consolidates and analyses aggregated EHS/FSQR incident data to identify risks (i.e. safety index, RIFR, food safety index, CFSRA and FDA audits) and to recommend revisions to operating policies as applicable for the production areas.
20% FSQR – Supply Chain
- Collaborates with Logistics/ Procurement/ Sales/ Supply Chain professionals to ensure availability of raw materials and ability to meet customer specifications and timelines. Accountable for ensuring those customers are satisfied and that any inquiries, incidents and/or issues are resolved in a timely manner concerning production items.
- Develops and implements performance metrics for capturing, monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of corporate quality management activities and programs at the plant level for the production areas.
- Partners with internal/external stakeholders (i.e. customers, Engineering, FSQR, Sales, Technology) to define, adopt and monitor performance indicators to identify/measure quality performance in areas that impact the customers and recommend areas of improvement and innovation.
- Supports Plant customer relationships by meeting businesses objectives and by understanding how operational performance impact internal and external customers
- Prepares and controls capital and operating budgets for the production areas (multiple channels) of a most complex plant to achieve short- and medium-term financial performance objectives set by the business. Ensures and holds direct reports accountable for meeting and controlling operating expenses and established targets.
- Supports to prepare capital commitments with indirect responsibility for project work, controls, and completion.
- Support to build reliability and process safety management into capital projects.
- Accountable for the overall operational management of the production areas of a most complex plant.
- Responsible for aligning overall team resources, with direct oversight from the Plant Manager, to execute against short-term and medium-term strategies and for meeting strategic operations goals in accordance with BU/plant objectives.
- Enforces a culture that builds, operates and maintains plants that are operational sound, safe, and efficient.
- Deploys and monitors Reliability Excellence processes across a most complex plant and ensures the reliability culture is foundational to operations.
- Supervises and provides coaching to direct reports including coaching Cargill's core values and guiding principles for the production areas of a most complex plant.
- Implements general workforce administration policies and programs in the areas of communications, staffing, training, evaluations, disciplinary actions and safety.
- Responsible for developing strong leaders and a most diverse workforce by seeking multiple approaches to attract diverse talent. Incorporates diversity in succession planning and job fulfilment.
- Implements/supports Plant/BU operational/reliability/safety training programs and monitors employee performance records on a monthly/ quarterly basis.
- Accountable for workforce planning and accountable for successful training and on boarding of new/transferred employees as well as workforce engagement, recognition, development and coaching for the production areas.
- Certification Bachelor/ Master University Degree in Engineering (Chemical/ Process, Electrical or Mechanical).
- EU recognized certification of competent organism for specific knowledge (i.e. Stable Ops, CI, Lean,) - LEAN/Six Sigma Green/Black Belt.
- 10 + years of experience in production environment.
- Experience in having deployed Plant Operations and/or Manufacturing Excellence strategic programs delivery (in a multinational company is a plus).
- Experience within a manufacturing environment, chemical/starchy industry is a plus.
- Solid background (more than 5years) in operating large-scale food or chemical manufacturing processes.
- Able to motivate and inspire local troops to drive the business forward and achieve though and challenging goals.
- Possess and can develop sound knowledge of CI, supply chain and operations aspects to drive productivity in the whole value chain and possess a customer-oriented view.
- Languages: Business fluency in English (writing and speaking).
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, engage and develop teams.
- Lead Production Operations in a complex plant including transformational medium-term initiatives and cultural journey while providing sound expertise. Highly credible and responsible type of individual acting as the reference focal point of the location employees.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.