Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Architect, as subject matter authority, will independently focus on enabling business leaders to make process, data, and technology investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision. We seek an experienced professional with the interpersonal skills to see multiple perspectives, analyze, evaluate, build and promote architecture discipline, steer discussions towards data driven comparisons, and drive significant net value for the enterprise.
- Define and build architecture policies, practices, and discipline.
- Provide guidance on ensuring the quality of architecture assets and keeping them up-to-date.
- Monitor adherence and exceptions to defined standards for the design, development and implementation of Cargill’s architecture.
- Model best practice, and provide architecture functional direction, support, guidance, expertise, and oversight for Cargill Architects across domains and locations.
- Provide expert thought leadership in the field and work with limited direction, using peer connections, additional research, and professional interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of demonstrated, related work experience in building and operating architecture processes, standards, and technologies
- 15+ years of business or IT experience with diverse operational, development, and business roles
- Experience developing IT and/or digital strategies acting as a strategic advisor to business stakeholders to guide investment decisions
- 5+ years of experience influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Proficiency with data analytics and visualization tools, specifically PowerBI
- Proficiency with collaboration tools
- Experience participating in collaboration activities with management teams to define needs and future-ready solutions.
- Experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
- Understands the “art of the possible”
- Experience and success working in a global team
- Ability to articulate complex architecture concepts in a very succinct, simple way
- High resiliency and energy for strategic problem-solving
- Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
- Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem-solving, technical, and analytical skills
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills including talent development, teamwork, facilitation, and ability to influence and negotiate
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, decisively, and effectively navigate the organization to leverage existing resources with an eye toward future needs
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.