Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Data Technical Lead will take the lead to design, build, and implement high-performance data-centric solutions utilizing comprehensive data capabilities for the enterprise. In this role, you will treat data as an asset and act as an authority for data within multiple projects and businesses across the region. In collaboration with the global team, you will also be part of the Data Framework design and implementation across the enterprise.
- Collaborate with businesses, application data owners and Project team members to define requirements and deploy the global ANH Data Strategy Framework.
- Participate in the decision-making process related to (SAP) Master Data standards, solutions, and guidelines.
- Develop technical documents based on Cargill technologies and ensure they are designed and built to be sustainable and robust.
- Perform end-to-end data assessments, anticipate changes impact, and understand the dependencies between processes, different master data objects and technology.
- Provide technical guidance through all SAP Deployment phases like data migration, field mapping, data deduplication, data cleansing, data harmonization, etc.
- Analyze data setups and integration, suggest improvements and path to implementation
- Navigate between different projects and provide input on technical restrictions, synergy and /or impact.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to ANH (Animal Nutrition and Health) Data Leadership team
- Support testing activities with different technologies, coordinate global data tools rollout or maintenance in the region
- Ensure alignment with project timelines, process mapping, solution design and construction, testing, training, implementation, stabilization, and transition to steady state.
- Report regularly to Data Owners issues, risks, opportunities, and requirements evaluation
- Travel across North and South America up to 10-40%
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge on SAP Material Master and end-to-end processes that use it
- Knowledge of SAP Customer or Vendor Master
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.